File on Glock upper receiver

John/az2

I just received a new holster from Mark the Holster Guy at www.gunsandgold.com
and am now breaking it in.

I have noticed that the front edge of the ejection port (I hope I have the right name) is rather sharp.

What negative things could happen if I were to take a file and round that edge a bit?

Or it it something I should take to a gunsmith?

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

www.quixtar.com
referal #2005932

John, I doubt that unless you go crazy with the file you will hurt anything by rounding a sharp edge. A permanent marker will probably touch up the finish when your done. George

What about that impervious finish that Glock is famous for?

Should I worry about rusting?

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

www.quixtar.com
referal #2005932

[This message has been edited by John/az2 (edited September 16, 1999).]

I would be a little concerned about rust if I filed through the Tenifer finish. You could apply a dab of cold blue, but that wouldn't give nearly the same protection that the original finish does.

What sort of problem is the sharp edge causing? Perhaps you can find a way to work around it. I've read hundreds of messages from Glock shooters and I've never seen anyone discuss rounding off that edge.

Back