Fighting Smarter by Tom Givens

fscover2002.jpg

Anybody read this book yet? It is kicking my @ss as we speak. Great book so far. Comments?

Unfortunately, I just started the book. It came today. That said, I cannot summarize the tactics just yet. What I can say, however, is that this is one heck of a book so far. Explores the mindset of defense. Stresses it, in fact. Great book. Taking an internet break just now but plan to dive back in shortly.

Cheers.

It's a straightforward, sensible, and fairly comprehensive look at using a handgun for self-defense.
It also deals with preparedness, mindset, and tactics for personal safety other than those involving gun use, however.

It's probably the best introductory-intermediate book on the subject I've seen. The author's style is easily readable, and his ideas are logically organized. I recommend it. Best.

I've known and trained with Tom for years and can say he's one of the good ones. His book should be required reading for anyone who takes personal defense seriously.

Excellent book. Well-written, thoughtful. I don't agree with everything he has to say, but there's nothing I have a problem with. Should be required reading for people who carry.

EVERYONE should read the section on calibers, with the included essay by Jim Higginbotham. I could remove about twenty people from my "ignore" list if they could grasp it ;).

Excellent book. I added it to my collection last year.

FYI Inspector, JimH who moderates the LEO section at 1911 Forum is the same Jim H who wrote the Kentucky CCW dissertation in the book. These guys know their stuff.

WaltherP99man...

Duh....and I was just there! :rolleyes:

Thanks, I will look again. This time hopefully a little more carefully.

Back