Fiber Optic Sights for 627PC, 625JM and other DX sight S&Ws

Rogervzv

I have been doing a lot of shooting with two of my favorite revolvers -- the Smith & Wesson 627PC (.38 special/.357 magnum) and the 645JM. These are nice revolvers, but came stock with wood grips and gold bead sights. To be honest, the gold bead sight just didn't work for me. Since I usually shoot indoors, there is no sun to glint off of that gold bead to give a good sight picture. After a little experimenting, I found that the Hi Viz DX Fiber Optic sight works very well for both revolvers. I also put Hogue rubber monogrips on both revolvers to give my hand a break. This is particularly important on the 625JM, as that .45acp packs a significant kick.
Incidentally, I discovered that the Hi Viz sight closely maintained the zero that I had previously had on the revolvers. Very little adjustment on the 625JM and none at all on the 627PC.
Yes, both of these revolvers will accept moon clips.
49600377216_0b6477c0d2_z.jpg

49569825482_ebdc8cafb0_z.jpg

Solvents can dull any Fiber Optic tube, but I have never had it happen to me, and I have FO sights on many of my guns.

If it ever did happen to the point where it was a problem; well, the sight only cost around $35 to replace.

I like night sights and have them on many of my guns. Most of the time FO sights present a better sight picture for the type of shooting that I do.

Back