FFL

meatgrinder42

I've been trying to translate the rules on getting your FFL and so far I've gotten a headache and had two cigarettes. (may be related)

Anyway, so my question is do you need to have a registered business to get an FFL?

I collect guns and have made it a hobby of mine of making my own firearms (I know if I wanted to sell them I'd need a Class II) and it would be a lot handier for me if I could just get them myself and not have to pay a gunsmith extra just to do it. Not to mention a lot of my buddies are looking at certain guns online that don't have the store/gunsmith mark-up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I die better bury me deep, two .45's layin' at my feet,
an M16 across my chest, tell Chesty Puller I did my best.

With the exception of the 03FFL (Collector of Curios & Relics) all Federal Firearms Licensees are expected to actually be engaged in business. It is not for enhancing your personal collection.

ATF will issue an FFL to anyone who can legally operate a business at the licensed premises under all Federal, state and local laws....including zoning, HOA, etc.

meatgrinder42: collect guns and have made it a hobby of mine of making my own firearms (I know if I wanted to sell them I'd need a Class II)
Not a clue as to what you mean here:confused:

Okay so I need to be a business, I think I may go for my C&R though.

Dog town: Sorry been working a lot of 12 hour days I meant I needed my SOT II for the manufacture and sales of firearms. Right? (Not planning on getting it but Just looking at the rules).

Back