FFL Question...

tobnpr

Is applying for an 01 (or maybe 07, need to talk to BATF first about ITAR) FFL, when I have an 03 FFL, done with Form 5300.38?

Seems to be a bit confusing, as I'm moving at the same time...AND applying for a different FFL which will now be business-related, whereas the 03, obviously is not.

Anyone know the correct route to take for this?

Moving, house or shop or both, is a high stress time. Why don't you get the moving over with and then worry about the licensing?

I have known people who have both 01 (dealer) FFL and 03 (collector) FFL. The 01 is a business license and they use it that way. The 03 is a a personal license. As I understand it, there is no problem in having them both and they can be (must be) kept separate. True, you can buy C&R's with the 01, then transfer them to yourself, but that might in some cases be tricky as the transfer will be subject to local laws and regulations, just as if there were two different people involved.

Jim

Moving, house or shop or both, is a high stress time.

Boy, did you nail it...:D
Amazing how much unnecessary "stuff" (another word came to mind...) a family can accumulate over 25 years in one home. Don't ask me why my now 17 year old still had Disney VHS tapes and crates full of Legos in his room :rolleyes:

Move is about done. Moving the shop is particularly stressful, so backed up and busy that any down-time is painful and just means more long nights. Setting up new with separate woodworking and metalworking rooms to keep the ever-pervasive sawdust out of the general shop area.

Thanks very much for the info. I'll file the form 5300 for change of address for my 03, and the 7 as a new application in the business name once I'm fully set up.

Back