Inactive
my license expires soon and with all going on
with laws I feel its time to get out and let
Wal-Mart sell guns, thru the years I've put
alot of firearms into my collection from
inventory, all are non LEO only, all legally
made, no NFA weapons, but some fall under
94 crime bill as assault weapons, AKs mostly
that are pre-ban, I did all the aquisition and disposition record keeping bound book,I
just like to know when I give up my license
am I going to have trouble and lose the guns
I collected? I own 15 rifles, only 4 pre-ban
AKs, mostly what I have is Mausers that are
collectors pieces, but also 20 handguns which are mostly military collectables, can
anyone tell me if I have anything to worry about?

I've heard as long as you are keeping your "collection" for private use you can have as many as you want.
Would suggest that you go down and talk to the local ATF office and ask them, better yet write them a letter that way you will have a hard copy of what the response was for later if a question ever comes up.

------------------
Justice for one,Justice for all.

Hal,
I'm sorry to hear that. Back in the eighties I tried to run a gun bussiness out of my home, it didn't work out. I know how you feel. You can keep the guns you legally sold to yourself, but be advised that you will have to turn your aquisition and sales record books over to ATF for their files.
No records of gun owners in the US? Yeah,right. :(

Hal,
Ever think of going out in a blase of Glory. Just a small one, like a desk and the 4473 you keep there.

I know of a Dealer that is on the Mississippi. His basement floods every year. It ruins everything in the basement. Guess where he stores his 4473s.

[This message has been edited by Raymond VanDerLinden (edited March 21, 1999).]

thanks for replys, I try NOT to talk with
my local ATF agent because I figured out long ago he doesn't know or understand the
new laws, hes a kind gent but, hes part of
my fears on the laws, no I've had it, laws
will only get worse and I won't be an escape
goat for some crime committed with a firearm
I sold, I see manufacturers getting sued I
can't afford it, BATF is doing their job well
soon FFLs will be few and far between, I'll
turn in the books and enjoy what I've collected.

Hal: Brace yourself... I don't know how to say this without sounding harsh. It is not my intention to single you out but rather address everyone who has made the bad decision to 'sleep with the devil' and become LICENSED(that word placed right next to one of your God-given-at-birth rights should have been your first warning).

Wittingly or not, you have made yourself a cog in the machine that will ultimately destroy us. When you said "...just turn over my books and..." what I read is "... just turn over my customers and...". Sure, they made the decision to register their guns but you have an opportunity! There is a live grenade in our foxhole. Do you let it kill your buddies while you jump out trying to save yourself, or jump on it and isolate the damage to just you.

Are you willing to put yourself at risk of becoming a casualty in the war for our rights?

Flyerm: Would you ask the IRS to please come audit you? Didn't think so... and they come to your door armed only with briefcases and sliderules! I see too many of us who are more FAMILIAR with the inferior "laws" that attempt to bind us than we are with the SUPREME principles that have granted us unalienable, un-infringable freedom. Choose to live free now! Don't wait for courts to "grant" you what was never theirs to take away.

Raymond: Please extend my deepest thanks to the dealer you spoke of. He is annually throwing himself on that grenade. He is resisting.

To other gun delaters(not a misspelling, look it up.): I know your intentions are good, but someday you will all be in Hal's tough position. Start deciding where your loyalties will go. By laying that groundwork now, you may be able to make it easier for yourselves later. And if you're thinking "To hell with my customers.. I've got my own skin to worry about!" Remember: "One appeases a tiger only in hopes that he will be eaten last."(paraphrased Winston Churchill)

Alright Rob... let 'er rip--

Hey Hal,
Why don't you sell your business (ie books) to another FFL for $1? I don't know if that's totally kosher, but it's better than going along with the crappy program. Maybe you can train your dog to urinate on the books.

I won't try to explain all the crap I've
gone thru the years in bussiness, theres no
selling my FFL, I can sell the bussiness, as
for my customers if they didn't want their
names in my books they could have bought a
gun somewhere illegally, but I'm not going
to put my family or myself in harms way to
fight some ideal that was lost in 1968, laws
WILL get worse and we all will lose more till
all thats left is ILLEGAL firearms, criminals
and cops will have the weapons, and if you
have a FFL do what you say, there won't be
anyone helping you, all watched waco and
ruby ridge and didn't get off their butts,
ask randy weaver what he'd have done if given
another chance, our government is corrupt
and you can't win, and thats a fact you all
can't deny.

Well sorry to hear you're giving it up. The fire isn't a good idea if you want to keep your guns.... ha, ha .... but the reality is that we are past the point of no return and the ship is going down.... we can fight and create a new understanding or we can become slaves..... "you can fight when the cost is slight and you may be unpopular, or you can wait and be forced to fight when the price is great and the probability of victory is slight, or worse you may need to fight when the price is everything you own or god forbid , you may have to fight and die because it is better than to live as a slave..." paraphrase of Winston Churchill

We are past the first, and well into the second .... can we afford to wait?

Its time we pushed for the ENFORCEMENT of the BILL of RIGHTS !

This is Probably a little off subject, but as long as we're throwing out quotes...
This is no time for ceremony. The question before us is one of awful moment to the country. For my own part I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery. Should I keep back my opinion at a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty towards the majesty of heaven. It is natural to humans to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts. Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and to provide for it. Let us not deceive ourselves, why does our government, after four hundred years of our existence as an armed people wish to disarm us? It can have no purpose but to force us to submission. Submission to a world government which wishes to manage us as so many sheep, incapable of possessing free will or self-determination. And what have we to oppose them? Shall we try argument? We have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer on the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable, but it has all been in vain. We have done everything that could be done, to avert the storm, which is now coming on. If we wish to be free-if we mean to preserve inviolate those rights for which we have been so long contending-if we mean not to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon, we must fight! I repeat we must fight! An appeal to arms and to god is all that is left us! They tell us that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be next week, or next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a soldier or policeman is stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance, by lying on our backs, hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies bound us hand and foot? We are not weak, if we make proper use of our means which god has placed in our power. Three million people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country, as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just god who presides over the destinies of nations. The battle is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. There is no alternative even if we were base enough to desire it. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery. Our chains are forged! Their clanking can be heard on the plains and in the mountains! War is inevitable-and let it come! I repeat let it come! You may cry peace, peace-but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! What is it that you wish? What would you have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Patrick Henry
Richmond, Virginia

Back