FFL from Buds Guns Shop

Roland Thunder

If I purchase a gun from Bud's gun shop and the FFL on the receiving end is on Bud's preferred FFL list, do I have to pay an FFL fee on both ends or just the receiving end.

Please don't misunderstand, but you would have to ask Bud's or your local dealer. If Bud's has a deal with local dealers (I don't know of any, but I don't buy that way very often), it would be between the two of them.

Jim

Not sure where you get the idea of an FFL fee on both ends. Any online dealer... is a dealer (FFL) and if he is selling a gun, you only need to pay your local FFL to receive it.

Some sellers charge shipping... Bud's tends to offer free shipping on gun purchases. As far as I know, when your dealer is on Bud's preferred list, it simply means that Bud's already has their information and they can handle getting it to your dealer without your FFL having to send them license & address information.

Keep in mind Buds has a credit card fee that they tack on at the end of the purchase. The list price is for a "pay with cash discount" which is obviously a huge hassle.

You will only need to pay an FFL fee on your end, in the receiving shop. If it's listed on Buds website, you won't have to contact your FFL to get them to exchange info with Buds. If it shows up on Buds website, it means they already have that FFL on file so will ship it there no problem.

From Bud's:
Buds "Preferred Dealers" are listed in green and have agreed to accept all incoming ATF approved transfers of firearms purchased on www.budsgunshop.com. When choosing a Preferred Dealer from our list, you will not need to contact the dealer to arrange a firearm transfer. The transfer service and rate has been pre-approved for all Bud's customers. However, completion and approval of ATF Form 4473 will still be required to take possession of any new or used firearm from your local dealer.
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/ffl.php

The page goes onto explain that fees charged by your local FFL vary. You need to call them for the fee they charge. If your preferred dealer is not on Bud's list, they will have to provide a copy of their FFL to Bud's as indicated on the page linked to above.

If the FFL is on Bud"s list, that means that they already have a copy of the FFL's current license. That saves you the process of having the FFL fax a copy to Bud's. And sometimes, that can be a hassle.

Still, it is best to talk to the FFL first before you order. Some of the guys on the FFL list are working out of their homes and don't necessarily have a store front. That's not a bad thing, but you don't want to order a firearm and have it show up unannounced at someone's home. A few I have contacted actually said they weren't in the business any longer.

The receiving FFL should be the only one charging a transfer fee. Ask ahead of time what the fee is, and give them an idea of when to expect the shipment.

the preferred list is supposed to be ffls with their current license on file with buds( or the service they use for this) .Otherwise you need to have your ffl email or fax their license to buds before they consider shipping your gun

you pay your ffl for the transfer of the gun to you when you pick it up

happy 240th BD to America and to all my fellow TFL Posters

ENJOY!

Back