• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

FFL app in MAryland/ New guy

lance658

Hello. I just posted a question about obtaining an FFL for a home-based business in Maryland onthe general discussion forum. Should i be in here instead? I have posted a couple of times with no responses from anyone. I am just wondering if i did something wrong. I did notice that I didn't introduce myself like some other newcomers, so here goes.

I am married with two sons, and reside in the NE part of Md in Cecil Co. I have recently gotten back into target and small game hunting due to the fact that I guess I just wore my "no guns in the house"-wife down. I have a few friends with large parcels of property to shoot on with no concerns over violating any local laws. I want to start a collection up again as well as obtain an FFL. I am a dockmaster at an area marina, so if you have any related questions, feel free to shoot them my way. I also have a background in the financial industry, 401(k) specifically. Forgive me if I don't respond immediately, I am still figuring out how the site works( like pulling up reesponses to my posts, etc). Please say hi so I know I'm doing this correctly! Thanks.

Lance658 - No, your question on an FFL is more proper in the General Discussion forum. This particular forum is for questions or suggestions concerning the board itself, e.g., posting problems, formatting of posts, feature usage, etc.

You posted your FFL question only an hour ago - at the start of a workday when fewer members will be around. Your other question which has no responses is in the buy/sell forum. I can assume no one has the type of item you are looking for. I think the keyword for this board, as it is with any online board, is patience.

I am going to copy the introduction portion in the post above to the General Discussion forum.

Lastly, Welcome to TFL! Glad to have you join us. :)

Back