FFA Rifle Raffle

CedarGrove357

My daughter is in the FFA for school and came to me for an idea to raise money for her. She has a goal of becoming president next year, and her only weakness has been in fundraising since so many of her opponents have flush supporters and "families". Since I have a firearms business, I was wondering about putting up a rifle as a raffle in support of the FFA [like a commemorative or bare rifle I could get commemorated in some way] which would sell tickets with the sales going to the FFA minus the cost of the firearm.

Opinions on the idea before I start? All legalities must apply, etc. etc. and are understood.

Locally the desires are shotguns and .22LR rifles [this being Illinois]

Appreciate the brainstorming and insight. Id love to pick an inexpensive yet popular gun which would help her out.

It may be a financial stretch, but I'd like to suggest that you donate the firearm and allow all proceeds to go to her cause. Because the raffle would advertise your business as the donor, it might well allow you to recoup your expense via increased customers.

As far as what firearm, I don't think it matters. I would definitely lean toward something that is youth friendly. Maybe something like a stock 10/22 or Marlin 60 or a Henry Youth model lever gun. You might even consider a newer model pistol that not everyone yet owns...like the S&W Victory or the Mark IV.

Yes, the intention is to donate the firearm with all proceeds going to her cause.

I just sold a Marlin 60 to a young man which, tied in with my daughter's conversation tonight, made me think of this option. I will certainly look into those models. Asking around locally is a bit difficult in that I get a lot of "Iuno" smh. :cool:

I have in stock an HK416 as well as a couple single action Rough riders in .22LR/.22WMR which I was thinking about, but am interested in others' opinions as well.

Thanks again.

You need to check your State gambling laws, because you may well need a permit to run a raffle. Many states consider that as gambling. In addition there is monetary value that if it's exceeded you must issue 1099 forms at tax time.

Back