FF Goex in Revolvers?

hunter64

There is a guy down the end of my block that wants 40 bucks for 5 pounds of FF goex and in my neck of the woods one pound goes for 30 bucks. Can you use FF in a revolver? I was thinking of buying it anyway and using it in a rifle someday when I buy one.

yes you can it just ma cause a few mor misfires as it needs little hotter fire ot ignite after a few shots nipple may get dirty enough to cause trouble you will also loose some velocity but I don't really know if it would be that noticable at short pistol distances.

Shouldn't be any problems with FF Goex. I've used Dupont FF back in the day and Pyrodex RS with no misfires and no velocity loss from dirty nipples. BTW I used to shoot a lot more than I do now, hundreds of rounds a week more.

Thanks guys I will pick them up. I like making paper cartridges and I could always use 5 grn of FFF on the bottom and then the rest FF just to ensure ignition if I find it a problem to ignite.

Kieth says it is okay

I picked up a few of cans of Clear Shot FF on sale. I figured it would send a projectile down range and it does so just fine in my revolvers. I then read in Sixguns by Kieth and he said he had used FF as well. It will likely be a little slower and have less pressure too. Good price!

Be careful with "used" powder. I have heard some horror stories of mixed powder, even in what appeared to be sealed cans.

At that price, I'd buy it in a hearbeat. You can use it in revolvers but it's not ideal, at any rate you can save it until you get a rifle or trade some of it for triple-F. Always good stuff to have, around here I gotta drive out a ways to find any Goex, not many stores carry it and it's close to $20/lb now.

Back