'Fess up. Which one of you is this guy?

I doubt any TFL'ers would do such a thing. Besides, it's bad for our public image.

Paintball guns work just as well to defeat the cameras by obscuring the lens. ;)

That's a dumb way to lose a good rifle. Exactly why he would use a rifle that could be heard for a mile around escapes me. Hearing a .30-06 when you're not supposed to seems like it would make one huge impression.

3 shots with an '06 for a 1 shot with a .22 job = no one on this board.:p

Seriously, destruction of public property, not to mention possible endangerment others, is not cool. No responsible person would actually do such a thing.

Now, does that mean that I don't get a serene smile on my face while daydreaming about it ?

What caliber for mutant zombie red light cameras?

I can see the threads now . . .

I would think a round from a 12 gauge would be more apt to disable the camera and less perilous for any neighbors.

Not that I would ever contemplate such a thing! :p

No, the red light fine is $50. The article gets it all mixed up.

He's charged with felony vandalism and reckless endangerment, which means "bye-bye, gun rights."

Let me put it this way, if I'm ever diagnosed with terminal cancer with 6 months to live, my Remington 597 .22 will be warm and a lot of these cameras will have to be replaced :cool:. I meant of course that I will go shooting cans/bottles a lot before I die and someone ELSE will hopefully take out those horrid cameras ;)

The politicians should be sued into oblivion for accidents caused by shortening the yellow lights to increase revenue from these cameras.

Mountainclmbr , IIRC there is a law that determines how long the amber light stays on . On a flat street is stays lit for one second for every 10 miles per hour that the speed limit is . 35 MPH limit = 3.5 seconds , 45 MPH limit = 4.5 seconds and so on .Except in CA where the amber light means squat and the red light means that only 3 more cars can go .

Aaaahh.... Yeepp! That's my hometown!!!

For those of you who don't know the Knoxville "political atmosphere," I'm actually SHOCKED that it took somebody this long to destroy one of these cameras. We started getting these cameras about 2 years ago, and the public reaction has been absolutely incindeary. People here are ready to burn the police chiefs in effegy, and there's lots of talk about a federal suit against the state of Tennessee for a violation of civil due process. (The fine for the ticket is $50, but court costs to fight it exceed $100, so you have no recourse to challenge the validity of the ticket!)

I said, when the cameras were installed, "That's just stupid. If I know Knoxville, it won't be 2 months before some kid takes a shotgun to one of those cameras!" I guess I was wrong. It took nearly 2 YEARS, and it was a 30.06. (Those cameras must be pretty stout!)

Since this guy shot the camera, there have been "mixed" feelings about it in the general community. I'd say 90% of the public would like to see this guy decorated as a hero. Probably 5% think he should be given a hand-slap sentence, and the remaining 5% think he should be put away.

What's interesting is that this guy shot 4 rounds, only 3 of which hit the camera. MOST of the community is appalled that he dropped the 4th round, and would like to see him take some sort of rifle-safety course! :p

Obviously that guy doesn't belong to this group of people. After all, such an irresponsible act would never be condoned here. He DESERVES to lose his rifle!! To shoot a camera like that and draw attention to yourself was just plain stupid. Any one of us would have told him to NOT shoot the camera like that. We would have all told him to use a silencer. :p

Back