Feminist Shooter?

NotJim

McCain's running-mate Sarah Palin was described today by Peggy Noonan as a feminist, not of the usual sort, but a "How Do You Reload This Thang" type.

Made me smile.

Whoops, just realized this ought to go in the Political forum rather than General Discussion. Perhaps a moderator will move it.

And, she also said....
heres the audio..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg
http://www.newsday.com/services/new...ation/ny-usnoon045828642sep04,0,1097812.story
Noonan, Murphy trash Palin pick over open mikes
September 4, 2008

Two GOP icons - former Reagan speechwriter Peggy Noonan and former McCain strategist Mike Murphy - were caught trashing vice-presidential pick Sarah Palin yesterday when they kept talking after they thought the audio was off during an interview on NBC, and a YouTube version of their off-off-message exchange rocketed around the Internet at light speed.

Noonan, who had praised Palin in a Wall Street Journal column in the morning, said, "It's over," and added, "Most qualified? No. I think they went for this, excuse me, political bull -- about narratives ... Every time Republicans do this, because that's not where they live, and that's not what they're good at, they blow it."

After the NBC comments surfaced, Noonan updated her Journal column online, lamenting that she had been "mugged by the nature of modern media" and apologizing for her rough language. She said that her statement that "It's over" was out of context, and was not a conclusion about the likely outcome of the McCain-Obama race, and her true feelings toward Palin were favorable.

After the NBC comments surfaced, Noonan updated her Journal column online, lamenting that she had been "mugged by the nature of modern media" and apologizing for her rough language.
Yes, it suggests that like many in her profession, she may often fail to present her own opinions frankly. We need honesty from folks like her, however seldom we may get it.

But her explanation is credible. Herself a Republican, she's known for being critical of the party's foibles (or what she perceives as such). She's smart, and perhaps right when she says Palin will either win big or fail big, with no in-between. But then, how else could it be? -- the result of an election is yes-no, win-lose: 100% of one or the other regardless how close the count.

Personally I think Palin is a brilliant choice and I'll regard her as a success in that respect regardless of outcome.

Back