FEG/KBI SMC-918 a SMALLER MAKAROV???

Jody Hudson

I've been a Makarov lover for as long as they've been imported. I just got a smaller pistol in 9x18 imported by KBI and made by FEG. The magazine is too tight but the little pistol is VERY accurate and smaller than a PPK!!!

In fact it's a lot like a PPK except that it's accurate, dependable, reliable, and has no failures to feed or fire.

I can't believe I've never heard of or seen this pistol before... Anyone have any data. Are they still available anywhere? Does anyone know where extra magazines can be purchased?

Try Tom Forrest Inc. 1-888-372-5968

Alpha Trading Co has them listed for $29 each (pricey) 1-800-829-1925

Or KBI Directly.

The SMC was made in 9x18 mak and 380, the alloy frame is a bit soft but they are pretty rugged little guns. Lots of posts about about the larger FEG, the Pa-63.. do a search.

I recently bought a little FEG .22 (I think its about the same pistol you have except for the caliber). I like it pretty well. It came with two magazines, and one was tight (wouldn't pop out on its own when you pressed the magazine release). The other was fine. Anyway, I got out the calipers and checked to see where it was wider than the other magazine, then I used a C-clamp to slowly squeeze it in where it was binding. I spent 45 minutes or so clamping and checking (didn't want to crush or obviously bend it). I also padded the magazine with some heavy rubber. Anyway, it seems to have worked - they both drop free fine now. Good luck.

Doug

This IS the place to go for INFO!!!

I plan to go out shooting with this powerful little pistol again today. I'll try the caliper and c-clamp treatment too.

thanks all... yesterday this little thing was even more accurate for me than my holy Makarovs! :) Cowabunga!

Had a wonderful day shooting the little bugger. It is exceptionally accurate and it only takes about 150 pounds to pull out the magazine (based on the fact that I can pull a 135 pound bow back easier).

I love the light small little bugger!!!! The magazine rubs along both sides as well as front and back and it gets worse as it's shot more. Meanwhile the accuracy gets better!!!

I plan to take it to a machine shop and get the magazine well made slightly larger if KBI has no remedy.

I'll keep you posted.

Jody

Oh, the magazines are $29. I get it now! Man I feel dumb. :D

Probably sounded dumb on the phone when I called those folks also!

Jody, if the magazine is really that tough, take it back to the dealer and ask to exchange it.

And buy a spare or two. Bring the pistol along so you can try them out and make sure you don't have that problem again. If your dealer doesn't carry spare magazines, and it the other sources posted here don't have spare mags for you, e-mail or post and I'll give you the contact info for a shop here is Boise that has them.

The long-timers here are probably tired of hearing me post about how much I enjoy my FEG APK MKII. That's similar to your new pistol, but all steel, so it weighs more. But like yours, its very accurate and reliable. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

This one came in used, on consignment, to a local dealer. He'd never had one before. He has no parts or other pistols like it.

Are these pistols still imported. I have found none available in several searches and no web address for KBI or FEG that are worth anything so far.

Please post the information on the dealer you have there in Boise if you will.

Thanks!!!!!!

Jody

Karl Bloss, the owner of Makarov.com, owns an FEG 918. He can probably tell you all about them. BTW, Makarov.com IS THE place to go regarding all things 9x18.

Rob

Shapels in Boise in where I bought spares for my APK MKII. Mine is .380, though. Its possible they won't have 9X18, but certainly worth a call. 208-375-6159.

I was given this address for an Feg/smc918
Cliff & Janet Crippen
Box 26. 120 s.elm st.
Hemlock,MI. 48626
phone- 517-642-guns
Price of $179+$23 shipping
This came from Gunfinder.net

Back