FEG Hi Power Clone - Any good?

gryphon

Buddy of mine informed me that there is a gun shop close by that has the FEG Hi Power clone for $200. I had him call the place and ask if this was the regular price or the sale price. Guy said that this was the REGULAR price they will be carrying them for.
My question is, at that price is the FEG worth it, or should I pay the extra price for FN. I want it possibly to replace my current 9mm for home defense anad for shooting at the range.

Thanks

IMO, the FEG HP clone ranks right up there with the Mak as one of today's handgun bargains. I bought one at a local gunshow, but I paid $20 more for it. It's a fine shooter, and a good looking gun for the price. Obviously, the FN is preferable, but it's also at least twice the price!

While not from personal history, everyone I have talked to that has an FEG has remarked about how well they are made. About their only complaint is the crappy sights or the miniscule safety levers. I have heard that thew newer FEGs are coming through with larger levers for the safety/slide stop.

If I had 200 bux burning a hole in my pocket (I keep that at home now! :D) and a hankering for a full sized 9mm. . . that FEG HP would be a toughie to resist. As would the FMs from Argentina. There's a shop that has a few FMs for like $205 with 3 dot combat sights. That is tempting. . . good thing that $ is at home!

Derek

I have thoroughly enjoyed my FEG PJK 9HP for over a year now. Feels great, shoots great. A great value. And its parts-compatible with the BHP, so you have access to all the aftermarket parts, gunsmithing, etc.

Use those fine 17 rnd SA mags. from http://www. cdnninvestments.com, and you have a great pistol with great capacity.

Yes, the FEG is a great value at $200. I got some dark brown wood grips for mine and a 17 round SA magazine. The trigger becomes much smoother when you take out that magazine disconnect. Mine's been totally reliable and quite accurate thanks to its tight fit. Go for it.

Back