FEG 9mm hammer?

StephenT

Hello all, I was wondering how difficult it would be for me to replace the hammer of my FEG Hi Power clone (single action version). Unless I hold the gun carefully, its hammer can easily bite the web of my hand. If it's relatively easy to do (easier than removing the magazine disconnect, which took me a while to figure out), where can hammers be bought? Thanks for your info.

If that is the true clone and not the double action lookalike, BHP parts should fit. Check with Gun Parts Corp. (www.gunpartscorp.com) for a burr hammer like the early HP.

Jim

The FEG hammer is just like the original Browning ring hammer. It would bite your hand too. Try one of the Cylinder & Slide hammers available from Brownells. I just took a Dremel to my FEG to eliminate the bite.

Try this place. This guy offers a good price on installing an anti bite hammer on the high power. Have never used him so I cannot speak for his work personally, but know that others speak highly of him.

http://www.kwgw.com

Hello, sir. If it is just the tip of the hammer spur that's offending, I suggest you consider bobbing it at the second lateral serration. Reshape, cold blue, and you're done. This solved the dreaded Browning hammer bite for me. Best.

Back