FEG .380

Rodger Parrish

As some of you may remember I purchased the FEG Apk mkII back in october. It is very accurate and, so far has eaten everything I've fed it. Now the problem. Last week in the middle of a magazine full of the Winchester "Winclean" the hammer followed the slide forward. It only happened once. I don't think it can go "full auto" because of the internal safety devices. I continued firing to see if it would happen again, nothing. I have manually worked the slide,(gun empty of course) both with my finger on and off the trigger. I have inspected the sear engagement and all related parts everything looks good. I even thought that maybe I might have somehow partially engaged the safety when I chambered the first round but I don't think it would have fired in the first place.

Thanks in advance

Any ideas ??

Any chance your finger flinched or spasmed after firing the first shot and pulled the trigger immediately after it reset?

Happened to me once when the guy in the lane next to me went full-auto with his Japanese war trophy. It's called a "double".

DaveR

That was my first thought, but the hammer was down on a live round.... Now that I think about it I didn't look to see if there was a dent in the primer. I guess I'll just have to go out this weekend and shoot, shoot, shoot, till I figure it out.

Rodger

Back