"Feel my Pain"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogger

Bummer! Had a couple malfunctions with my Colt CCO at the range yesterday. The gun is fairly new, only about 300 rounds total through it so far. Up til yesterday it had gone for 240 sweet shots without a malf. Shoots awesome groups at 30 feet with any ammo but I had a couple failures to feed with Speer Gold Dot 185 grainers and Lawman 230 grain ball! Egad! After the malfs I went to the Springfield MILSPEC for awhile. Then came back to the CCO. I always carry the gun 6+1 but for grins I stoked it up 7+1... After the first round fired the magazine ejected out of the frame and into my hand! Egad!

New defensive drill:

Fire 1 round at BG #1.
Throw Colt at BG #2.
RUN!

Well... time to go back to Ol' Reliable... a S&W M640-1. 5 shots for sure!

When inserted into a closed firearm, an overloaded magazine bears against the feed rail of the slide, resulting in pressure which forces the magazine downward and prevents your magazine from engaging the magazine catch. The magazine isn't fully locked up and would naturally fall out when a violent action (like recoil) takes place.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

This happens to me also when I load my 1991A1 with Wilson Combat's supposedly 8-round magazines filled to capacity. The magazine won't seat all the way or at least enough for the magazine catch to lock or even for the slide to strip a new round (instead it seems to override the next round). With 7 rounds they work just fine. But I still can't help but thinking they are supposed to fit and function with 8 rounds loaded, aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back