Feel like I've been winning the lottery lately!

taylorce1

With my leg all buggered up and having regular trips to the Dr office I'm in town on a regular basis. Last two times I've been able to pick up some .22 LR in decent quantity at Walmart for a reasonable prices. Two weeks ago I bought two 325 packs of Federal auto match for $36 + tax. Today I had the same option on Federal or 525 packs of Remington golden bullets for $26 + tax. Walmart is also not putting limits on purchases of the .22 LR. So I walked out of Wally World today with two boxes of the Remington which left four boxes of the Federal and two boxes of the Remington on the shelves for other people to purchase. I make it a point never take the last box, unless it's the last box on the shelf.

Congratulations on your success - I hope it continues.

Every dog has his day, as they say. I've felt much the same, on a number of occasions....and recently, as well.

Recently lucked into a used .223 rifle that shoots like a dream - "atom-splitting" accuracy, even with the original plastic stock. Came with a pretty high quality scope, already zeroed. 1/2" groups at 200 yards, with my hand loads. $285.00 !

Also, lucked into a CZ 452 Lux model (22 LR), an out of production version of the wonderful CZ 452 rimfire rifle. Darn thing will shoot into 3/8" at 100 yards, with ordinary CCI standard velocity ammo. Original walnut stock, NO glass bedding. Installed a 36X target scope on it. Even shoots better WITHOUT any barrel tuning weights. I haven't yet had a chance to test it with really high quality match ammo, but even if it does no better than now, I may begin shooting bench rest matches with it. THAT would certainly upset some people with their heavy barrel (and very expensive) match rifles.

Yes, sooner or later, every dog has his day.

I can't remember when I saw it last at a Walmart. But every other store has it. Other than Walmart 22's are pretty plentiful locally.

I can buy .22 LR at the two local gunshops but last time I was in CCI Mini Mags were $11.00 per 100 before tax and that's all they had. It's probably why they had it as well, the only thing I need Mini Mags for are my wife and daughter's Sig Sauer Mosquito pistols. The Mini Mags and Blazer ammunition is the only reliable ammunition in those pistols.

I'm not really hard up on .22 LR, probably have a little over 10K rounds saved up, and the most I paid was $55 a brick for some Aquila match ammunition. It's a far cry from the lowly brick or less that I used to keep on hand when I lived less than a mile from a Big 5 store, and the shortage began. However my stockpile is a hodgepodge of brands and different velocities because of just buying it when I see it. I think I'm up to six boxes of the auto match now but it's kind of wasted on my guns, it doesn't work in the pistols (except the revolver) and I don't have any semi-auto rifles anymore.

I have a few hundred CCI'S on hand, but that bug never bit me because I haven't shot .22 rifles for 10 years probably.......better knock some dust off my .22 and take it to the range...:o

Back