Feds search for guns in Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud8a

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6505651.html

I found this on Drudge tonight. Some of the talk shows mentioned that since the Fed cannot keep a database on ownership it was making it hard to tackle the guns going into Mexico.

Some are saying that illegals are recruiting citizens to purchase guns for them and then shipping them south. So the Feds are going house to house asking people where the guns are that they purchased.

That is just speculation I think by the Talk Radio folks. Anyone know what is really going on?

They're checking on people who have made multiple gun purchases in the space of a single month. Dealers are required by law to report multiple purchases and the hullaballoo about crime guns in Mexico being purchased in the U.S. has pushed the feds into this enforcement effort.

Nothing against the Feds, who are just doing their job.... but

the simple answer to when they knock on your door and ask to see the gun(s) you just bought... just say no way, have a nice day and close the door.

The point is, this is not human nature... we all want to talk and end the conversation nicely.

My favorite line from the article. Aren't stolen guns supposed to be reported? :D Most people want to stop the flow of guns to Mexico no matter how small so I have mixed emotions on this tactic. The primary problem is that even if they "know" someone has bought guns and carried them to Mexico there isn't a lot that can be done under our present system. As Blume pointed out they knock on your door and you tell them to go chase thyself, what can they do?

.....from a police officer: He said he bought a few military-style rifles, left them in his car and — on the same night — forgot to lock a door. He couldn’t explain why he didn’t file a police report or why he visited Mexico the day after the alleged theft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back