FedEx drops NRA discount

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ex-drops-nra-deal-by-snail-mail-idUSKCN1N425N

This was announced a couple of days ago but I held off posting until I had permission from the mods to post, since it's not strictly gun-related. I have seen this discussed on another forum, and opinions are about equally divided as to whether this is another case of targeting the NRA, or a case of FedEx dropping multiple discount programs that don't generate enough business (although, if the discount is there and nobody uses it, what can it possibly hurt?), or a case of FedEx shedding all discounts for groups that could be construed as "political."

I don't know the motive, but it does appear more than coincidental that, just before a contentious mid-term election, FedEx announced this change in their discount program.

I don't know the motive, but it does appear more than coincidental that, just before a contentious mid-term election, FedEx announced this change in their discount program.
I read about that on Bearing Arms and the first thing I asked myself was what statement did FEDEX just make? It wasn't like Dick's announcement or Bank of America or Levi's. IMHO I believe it was a business decision to cut cost.

Given that FedEx is dropping discounts with more that ONE HUNDRED organizations, if they are 'targeting the NRA' then they are doing via their own massing shooting. That sounds a little ridiculous. No indication that it has anything to do with the elections either without being able to tie the other dozens of organizations cut.

Just a business decision, not political. Quit trying to read conspiracy every time a company makes an announcement. You may not agree with Dick's but they made their decision and clearly stated why.

If they did it for political gain they would be shouting it from the Highest of places with the greatest of heralds.
Doesn’t hurt them to cut the discount in this political atmosphere either, but not the intention here anyway.

Back