Federal HST

Does anyone on here have any experience buying ammunition from MidwayUSA? I found some federal HST for $35 for a box of 50 rounds but I have never bought anything from MidwayUSA.

I have never purchased ammo from Midway.

However I have purchased numerous other products.

I've only had a couple of minor issues over more than 10 years and they were quickly resolved.

If they had ammo that I was interested in at the right price I would have no reservations.

I’d go ahead and buy that ammo. Never had any issues with Midway. I got some a little bit cheaper right before the panic. But right now , that’s a good price for great ammo.

I've bought ammo from Midway with no problems and I think I bought some once when they had the free shipping deal going on. Note: They regularly offer a free shipping deal the trick is to coordinate the sale on the ammo with the free shipping dates.

The price quoted is good. A quick Google search show comparable pricing from several other online retailers. What may drive it into the realm of not being so good is shipping and sales tax, figure that into the equation.

Last edited:
Midway is a reliable source. $35 is less than Target Sports. Further comparison shopping is left as an exercise for the customer.

If the price is right, I'd buy it. Bought several items from Midway without any issues. Their shipping used to be pretty high but if all else failed, I'd buckle down and pay it.

Midway

Have purchased a little of everything from Midway including, ammo, powder, primers, bullets as far back as I can remember and have always been happy with them...

TW

I use Midway frequently. Always quick delivery and never a problem.

I mainly use a couple of other online sources, but with a couple of my calibers Midway has a more diverse selection.

My carry ammo is Federal HST 147g Hollow Point ammo. In seeing test results in Ballistic Gel medium, impressive. My Son bought it? No idea what he paid for it. But it sits in my Gen4 Glock 19 behind me on the bedside table and will be reholstered some time this AM.
As I have never shot anyone in my 84 years of life, the only way we can trust in our carry ammunition is by sticking to major manufacturers, with video tests etc.

Well Midway is doing their free shipping promotional again today (6/6/2020) and if you order more than about $50 (and that's not hard to do :mad:) you can get the free shipping. :)

Midway is good to go.

However, the price isn't very good. Target Sports put it on clearance pretty much every month for 50% off. Usually at the beginning of the month and you have to add it to your cart to see the discounted price. This makes it $19.99 for 50 rounds.

Gun shows (prior to the shutdown for the virus) also typically have ammo vendors selling it for $20-25 per 50.

While many places have temporarily inflated prices of the 9mm ammo due to the recent panics, 40S&W is still pretty plentiful and easy to find.

Back