Federal Express Bans Firing Pins in Guns

Oatka

From another board -- "I bought a 3rd Generation Colt SAA .44 Special from a Utah vendor. Planned to use it at a C.A.S. shoot on Saturday. The FFL went to ship it last Monday, and Fed Ex made him take it back and TAKE IT APART! to disable the firing pin. Now, delayed two days, and traveling over Turkey day, I will get it too late on Friday for the gunsmith to put it together for my use on Saturday. Oh yes, the gunsmith isn't going to do it for free either. Does anyone know what is going on with Fed Ex, and by what authority they can do this?"

What the Hell next?

------------------
If you can't fight City Hall, at least defecate on the steps.

Hate to tell you this but UPS has went even more crazy. Just try to ship a firearm or ammo, and forget about ammo or reloading components.

To top it off, UPS can't even decide what their own rules are. I needed to ship some ammo to a MFG. awhile back & had the rules changed on me 3 times before it was all said & done. Seems that who ever is manager that day makes up the rules as they go according to their personal political views.

Of coures now that they went "Public" (ie: are in the stock market) things are only goint to get worse!

Maybe someone can explain what threat the government has used to get this result.
Does anyone have an idea? What do these carriers fear? None of the "reasons" makes any sense in a free trade economy.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

The fear they have Ed, is in one word.

L-I-T-I-G-A-T-I-O-N

Obviously,these companies' legal departments have been working overtime.

Back