Federal CCP?

gadgetguy1288

Ok, i did a search but couldnt find what i was looking for so i decided to ask here(if its in the wrong spot please have it moved)

Im 19 and i was talking to a friend of mine who was in the military and got a federal CWP before he turned 21, as much as i search however i cant find any info on it, or how to obtain one. im going ito the Coast Guard in the near future(im on the waiting list for basic), and he said all he had to do was ask his CO and then take a test and he got it.

He said it basically allows him any carry rights that an on duty LEO or federal agent has(CC in any state in the US and territories, and carry in loctions where it would not be allowed normally(ex. govt buildings, banks, prisons and schools))

im not really interested in being able to carry in those locations of even anywhere outside my state, FL(i was told by my recruiter that i will get to pick what state i want to be stationed in), im just very interested in getting my CCP.

Any info iis greatly appreciated.

thanks

Deputy Federal Marshall? That's the approach hypocrite Nancy Pelosi used.

Or maybe he was just feeding you a line of BS.

i was told by my recruiter that i will get to pick what state i want to be stationed in
Perhaps you get to pick what state you'd prefer to be stationed in? Unless you've got it in black and white, don't count on it.

SURE

recruiters never tell you anything you might not like. You'll get to go where they send you. And that is the truth. As for you choice. If its the same as theirs you get it.

Im 19 and i was talking to a friend of mine who was in the military and got a federal CWP before he turned 21,

No such thing. Only way is to get deputized as a civillian federal officer. That only happens if you are a corrupt politician or get a job with any of the alphabet-soup agencies.

He said it basically allows him any carry rights that an on duty LEO or federal agent has(CC in any state in the US and territories, and carry in loctions where it would not be allowed normally(ex. govt buildings, banks, prisons and schools))

First hint that this guy might be lying to you is the "ex.....banks." Even a civilian with a CCW can carry in a bank.

Sorry, as mentioned above, there ain't no such thing. The only time you can carry a firearm while in the military (other than a civilian CCW) is when they issue you a gun for use while performing your official duties. At all other times, you are the same as a civilian.

If you want to carry a CCW, ask the Coast Guard to assign you to a duty station in a state that has a "shall issue" CCW and then wait until you are 21.

Florida plus Utah and maybe Virginia pretty much covers everywhere except for a couple easy extras like Oregon and Maine. Where would you want to go that doesn't have reciprocity?

Get assigned to New Hampshire and you won't have to wait until you're 21 - no age limit for NH pistol/revolver licenses.

thanks for all the info guys, i kinda suspected it wasnt true, but i just had to ask.

im thinking of going for a station either here in florida, or in alaska(big difference i know, but ive always wanted to live in alaska, and strangly being from florida, the extreme cold doesnt bother me at all)

While there is no Federal permit, some military commanders can authorize concealed carry with an issued weapon while on official business only. It would be used primarily for CID or military intelligence units.

Take it from a Dept. of the Army Police Officer, he is feeding you a big pile of BS. No such thing exists. Even being a DA Police Officer I can't carry away from the job without a state issued CHP even though I work for the federal government. Not all feds are allowed universal carry.

There is a unit that is military that I know of that carries on aircraft, and off base. It is called the absentee collection unit. They are plainclothes, and are tasked with retrieving deserters. AFAIK, they only carry when actually retrieving a deserter.

I tried to get my detailer to assign me there, but it apparently was a highly sought after job that you had to know someone to get.

Back