Federal .223 55 grain Z223FBITR55E

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekford

Inactive
hey fellas, new guy here and I need some help with some ammo. I met someone at the range the other day who is selling some .223 ammo. It's a 1000 round case still sealed. On the box is "Federal Ammunition .223 55 grain Open Tip Match Ammunition Z223FBITR55E. He claims it is very good ammo and wants $1 per round. I'm not familiar with the serial number so I was hoping you guys could help me price it so I don't get ripped off. Anyone ever heard of it? Actually put it through a barrel?

probably some seconds or overrun, he's ripping you off. Could probably do better with hornaday v-max if you want expensive factory ammo that shoots good

Googling the part number shows it was a government purchase.
That said, you can get 77gr. open tip match (OTM) for less than a buck a round.

Jim

It is training/blasting ammo. 55gr OTM. I wouldn't pay $1/rd for it unless it had some special value to you due to its origin. You can get match grade .223 for under $1/rd if you want match grade blasting ammo.

Did you Google it?

IGF::CT::IGF Z223FBITR55E .223 REMINGTON OPEN TIP MATCH 55 GRAIN 1000 ROUNDS/CASE

Contracting Agencies: US Department of Justice (DOJ)
Contracting Offices: Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
I didn't find anything with this part number on the market.

If he's selling government-owned ammo, it's a crime, mainly for him.

If wanting 223. Consider buying new or reloads from Black Hills Ammunition. I shoot there reloads. Very accurate dependable and reasonably priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back