Favorite target 10mm 1911?

DirtyHarold

Interested in a 10mm 1911 but it seems like especially recently there is very limited options. What are you favorite ones out there today?

A good friend has a Dan Wesson Bruin and its an excellent 1911.
The extra long barrel provides a longer sight radius, and a bit of free velocity too.

Favorite target 10mm 1911

I agree with the Tanfoglio. It
is heavier than most, and the 45 I have shoots like a dream. Bring $$, however.

Kimber Target 1911, beautiful pistol, should be able to get one for less than a grand. ($999)
I also have an Iver Johnson, long slide 1911 10mm, about $800. Not a bad gun but both IJ’s I’ve had needed a taller front sight.

I have been considering the Springfield Armory ROnin. Not for target use, but just because I like it and the 10mm. I am definitely interested in what everyone has to say in this thread

Every CZ that doesn't cost 1,500 dollars or more gets labeled as a "service/duty" gun.

So from that understanding, I guess a "target" gun means it isn't like a standard CZ, ie, the trigger is horrible.

:)

The Tanfoglio Witness comes in a lot of flavors. a 10mm metal base Witness can be 400 up to the Witness in the 2,500 range.

All these suggestions are the same price as a Tangfoglio (IFG importer, not EAA) Defiant Limited. The Defiant is about 1,100 dollars. The Defiant is what CZ copied when they made the Shadow. The Defiant Limited is the Tactical Sport equivalent.

Also have the Tanfoglio Hunter in 10mm with the 6" barrel.

There is also the polymer Tanfoglio 10mm "P" series that is a polymer SP-01 like flair for under 600.

If I wanted 10mm, I would look pretty good at Tanfoglio.

Last edited:
RICKB

NO. Most fixed sight guns DO NOT shoot to point of aim. A handgun be it a revolver or semi auto with ADJUSTABLE SIGHTS. Can be adjusted so point of impact equals point of aim.

like v. bought

I really like the looks of the two tone Ronin, and the Ruger is appealing too. I've heard positive comments about both.

What I bought was a RIA 1911a1, yes in 10mm, for less than half of the price of either. John Harrison put a set of his "retro" sights on it for me and it was still a bargain. Yes, a bottom feeder, ugly as sin, but 500 rds in w/ no failures or issues. It needs a beavertail to be shot a lot, and accuracy is just acceptable, but that could be my loads.

Local Rural King has these pistols at present for $449.00. I paid $409.00 for mine June 2021.

Another vote for the Delta Elite. Very accurate and dependable 1911 for me!

lC2OPu8.jpg

Whooo-boy! Those railed 1911s look heavy. :eek: Probably makes a Navy SEAL smile, but for a “target 10mm 1911,” do you need all that weight?

I mean, it’s not like the OP will be running a light on the rail just to shoot targets on a Sunday afternoon at the range. :rolleyes:

RICKB

NO. Most fixed sight guns DO NOT shoot to point of aim. A handgun be it a revolver or semi auto with ADJUSTABLE SIGHTS. Can be adjusted so point of impact equals point of aim.

I have a "fixed" sight revolver that hit a foot low and six inches right, at 25 yards, and now it's dead-on. There's no reason to endure a gun that doesn't hit to point of aim, just make the effort to zero it.

I recently purchased a R.I.A. Pro Match Tac Ultra 6" HC, in 10mm. I added a Holosun 507c red dot to it. It's very accurate with my reloads of 180 gr. Hornady FTX bullets and factory FMJ 180 gr. S&B ammo. :)
I'll be using it for deer hunting, this fall. :cool:

Back