favorite guns

oldbear1950

was wondering what is your favorite go to gun, when things go bump in the night? favorite conceal carry? My personal favorite night gun is my 12 guage pump , mossberg or Ithaca 37. Favorite conceal carry, commander sized, steel frame 1911 45 acp

My home defense guns are a S&W .40 cal., a Remington 12 gauge, and a 1911.
They are all available and loaded.

Depends on the day but for concealed carry or self defense, I use a 92FS. I can shoot it. I train with it and I hit my targets with it.

As for the range, I like this for that purpose, too, but I rank the Sig P220 right up there with it.

Favorite rifle is my Ruger M77 MkII in 30.06. Looks cool. Shoots amazingly well. Can't complain about it. Although I will say, the Ruger 10/22 ranks up there, too.

I don't do a lot of shotguns but I have a Marine Magnum in 12g that I get out every once in a blue moon and it's fun to blast away at water bottles.

--Wag--

I had a "favorite" in my downstairs, ground-level, most nefarious visitor entry rec-room where 90% of our nights find us watching TV. Guarding it was a .380 Auto, then a 9mm Ruger, and presently I've downsized to a Ruger 10-shot .22 LR. Only because it is less dangerous to my ears and just as dangerous to anyone who enters unannounced because I am comfortable with a guaranteed disabling headshot from a distance no greater than 20 feet from the door of entry. Failing a headshot, 3 shots toward the upper thorax and neck ought to be an end result in my favor. And I still have 6 left for anyone else who follows. Early in my career, I attended an autopsy of a guy who
killed himself with a .22. When his skull was opened, his brains poured out like a loose oatmeal breakfast cereal.

For me it's my Winchester Defender with stacked loads. The chamber is unloaded so I can rack the slide and be ready to go. The first 2 rounds out of the tube are #4 bird shot, then 4 rounds of 00 buck followed by a slug. I hope to never need it but if I do I know that if the first 2 rounds don't do it, the 3rd likely will. If I ever get to the last round, it should punch through whatever is left...

Tony

The first 2 rounds out of the tube are #4 bird shot, then 4 rounds of 00 buck followed by a slug.

I know you sort of explained it, but I just can't figure why your first rounds are birdshot in a gun you're using to "repel boarders".. (self defense against humans).

I know you sort of explained it, but I just can't figure why your first rounds are birdshot in a gun you're using to "repel boarders".. (self defense against humans).
I do it that way so if any pellets don't hit a close soft target, they'll likely bounce off the house next door. BTW, #4 bird shot is wicked at close range...

Tony

Sheesh

Geezerbiker,
Next up will be most favored child? Shoot, I can't pick a favorite shotgun, never mind pistols and rifles.
Most favored child is an easy one, only had one.

Current favorite: Win model 12 trap a close second is my straight gripped Elsie SBT from 1918, it's first if the distance is long.

Once I finish the "tweaks" on the new to me Super X 1...I expect it to take the crown.
The last few years have been a shotgun obsession.

I have only one child too and by the time she graduated highschool, she had more guns than I did well into my early 30's...

I keep the defender by my bed because it holds the most rounds and also looks very intimidating not that I count on that. So far I've never needed I hope to never need it but it's always there.

Tony

Favorite handguns:
Sig X-Five Competition 9mm - super unbelievably accurate
Tanfoglio Witness Stock 10mm

Favorite "Assault Rifles" (note the quotations because, yes I know that only one of the following is truly an assault rifle)
- Ruger AC556 in a Clyde Armory SCAR CQB stock
- K&N Bullpup 308

Favorite Assault Shotgun - USAS-12

Favorite Skeet gun - Beretta Gold Pigeon.

Favorite Carry pistol - Boberg XR9s

Bump in the night gun is a short barreled 12 gauge pump loaded full up with 00 buck. No racking the slide warning, just a soft click followed by a loud boom.

My he defense guns are a Springfield xDM Elite 10mm, Walther PDP, and an AR-15 rifle. One handgun stays with me. One handgun stays in the living area, I have a handgun in the bedroom, and the rifle stays in the dining room closet. Ideally, I want to be able to get to a firearm no matter where in my home the threat might be.

Back