Favorite grips for 1911s

Wood Hogue grips with checkering so sharp you bleed just looking at the points. I like the most erotic, I mean exotic wood I can find.

I put a set of Pachmayr American Legend grips on one of my 1911's. Nice combination of walnut for looks, and rubber for functionality. Not to mention value pricing.

Good Luck...

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

Sambar stag grips on all blue 1911's really do it for me in the looks depatment although they are'nt the last word in "hangin" on to it;my carry 1911 has cocobolo checkered and I like the looks of these too .

Pikers: Checkered, in the original pattern, IVORY. :p

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

I've got Kim Ahrends Cocobolo Checkered Dymondwood grips, these are fantastic grips.
4.jpg

Had to post a picture of my pride and joy, not to mention daily cary weapon.

[This message has been edited by Joey (edited January 15, 2000).]

I'm fond of the exotics too!

My current favorites are some S&A's in Marbled Ebony. I've got some nice figured Bocote on one of my IDPA guns.

Make mine wood and the fancier the better!!

Mikey

I put Skateboard tape on my Para after removing the original panels...
They would HAVE to PRY it from my COLD DEAD HANDS 'cause it GRIPS that GOOD !
Mightn't look flashy but it does what it's MEANT to do...
GRIP !

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

Speaking of Kim Ahrends, has anyone seen the "Tacticle" grips? It realy shows off the grain well. Only half of the panel is checkered....diagonally. The front portion is checkered, where it counts most, but the real half is smooth for quick unimpeded purchase.

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

Back