Favorite cowboy gun

Ned Roundtree

Okay, we shoot pocket pistols, derringers, shotguns, carbines, rifles, short rifles,SA revolvers, and open top SA revolvers. But have you got one favorite gun? Just one? For me, I'm starting to fall in love with this 1897 Winchester pump with 20 inch barrel. The wife had surgery last year and I've been using her 97 Win some. No wonder I can't get it away from her. Historic, pump action and good looking. Nothing like a 1897 Winchester pump. And its real hard to miss with it too!!

Howdy Ned,

Tough to decide,but I'd have to say that my favorite CAS gun is my 5 1/2" 1875 Remington. Balances well,shoots good and looks good. A close second is my Marlin Cowboy,which is simply a pleasure to shoot.

Bellicose Bill

I personally like three gun stages where I use all three different weapons but especially shotguns including my Stoeger Coach Gun (will use my Acme Arms antique double after it's rebuilt). Would love to get an 1887 Winchester or clone though.

Darn it...that's hard to decide.

Ya see, I've loved pistols all my life. I have three finely tuned Ruger Vaquero's in 45 Colt that are very sweet to shoot, but I guess my favorite has got to be the one with the birdshead grip and 4 1/4 inch barrel.

Then on the other hand I have a Marlin Cowboy in 45 Colt that practically shoots itself.

I just caint decide.

Back