Favorite 9mm bullet mold for powder coating?

125 grains is a bit much for a .380. Lee has a 105 grain that works well for .380- .357 when sized accordingly and it powder coats well too.

I have both of the Lee 124 and 125gr, 6 cavity molds as well as a MP version which is very similar but allows for HP's.

I will be pouring up a batch of the Lee's today as a matter of fact and will probably be coating them with some HF Red sometime later this weekend.

I like them both but the TL version seems to hold the powder a bit better and usually only needs one coat where with the slick sides on the other one I usually do two coats. Might not be necessary, but getting 150+ at a time in the little oven, it doesn't take a lot more time to add that second coat.

NOE has some molds designed specifically for powder coating. They usually have some of the 9mm ones in stock. They are 135 grn flat nose.

I'm waiting for them to introduce similar molds in .401 and .452 so I can purchase those also.

Mike, I can get 50 in my little oven, not much more than that! :) But it's easy to go do many other things while waiting for the DING! :D:cool:
I have one NOE mold, very high quality piece of work. How is the feeding with the flat nose bullet?

Those must be some tiny ovens. I can get 300+ in my Wallmart Oster brand standard sized toaster oven. I cram those suckers onto the tray.

The flat nosed bullet bullet from NOE works fine for me. No different than any HP, FN, SWC type 9mm bullet. Honestly, I bet the powder coat help the bullet slide into the chamber better than regular lead or jacketed bullets.

Back