Father's Day gift

cornered rat

Ad things went, I id not get my parents a firearm for the tenth anniversary of arriving to the United States. They were touring Europe at that time, and, in any case, my mother preferred less martial symbolism.

By Father's Day gift was early this year, and it was neither a tie nor a set of wrenches.

A S&W 66 (4" stainless .357), lots of low-power practice ammo, full house magnums, case, cleaning kit, targets, trimmings. And a long letter explaining why he got it. Next Sunday, we get to try it out.

I have tried to find pretty wood grips for it and failed. The current rubber is functional but ugly. Could someone tell me where I can find (plain) wood grips for a 66?

------------------
Cornered Rat, recently with the NRA
ddb.com/RKBA Updated March 20
"Disarm, then past the barbed wire, into the oven and out of the smoke-stack..."

CR, sounds like a might good gift. your father ought to be proud of it and of you....

------------------
what me worry? hell yes!!

Rat,

Hogue makes damn nice wood grips for all S&Ws. See <a href="http://www.getgrip.com">their page</a> for details.

Lacking pride, I find myself rummaging through the used bin in the gun shops. Like yourself Rat, I don't like those modern (finger groove) rubber grips. Wood for this lad.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

I just ordered simple smooth grips from Hogue ($55, ouch!). I *much* prefer rubber for hot loads, but wood would look better on this one...and my father would still have rubber grips for use with heavy loads.

Also, I noticed that some peoplehave smaller hands than I do, so smooth grips are a must, not just an option for them. Thinking of Mommy dearest here, and Michelle, too...

Used bin workes for me, too -- I like *ugly yet functional"...but this is for a gift. The 66 was slightly used, but that also meant it had trigger tuned already. It did have much heavier pull than a mod.67 I tried, but I picked that as preferable for combat (no light strikes).

[This message has been edited by cornered rat (edited June 14, 1999).]

Back