fast shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjack

hate it when a supplier claims to have fast shipping. central usa to east coast expected in 10 days. I have received from cali a lot faster. purchased on Saturday on Sunday claimed it was shipped ,we know PO closed on Sunday. ,Monday same thing ....today is Tuesday. and tracking stated shipping label created awaiting item usps

These days, some "tracking" systems aren't much more than delivery confirmation notices-- and even that sometimes delayed for hours after the package has been dropped off. In my neck of the woods, USPS info is the worst, FedEx the best.

Overall-- with Wuhan virus-caused staffing and supply shortages, shipping ain't a pretty picture...

Worker shortages are the new thing and causing delays across many industries. With that said, Midway USA has always had fast delivery despite everything. Usually my orders ship same day it's placed online and received a few days later. The worst online retailer that I likely won't order from again is Optics Planet. Inconsistent inventory all around and horrible turnaround times. Ymmv

The only issues I've had with Midway are packaging related, they are typically pretty quick. Most recently they only sent me 9 boxes of Aguila .22 when I ordered 10, and there was no invoice in the box, but after two email exchanges they sent me the missing box. Other than that they typically do not package smaller items well enough to be protected in the shipping process, I've opened packages to loose ammunition rolling around in the box and had one scope show up in a pretty beat up box (the scope box, not the shipping box).

Optics Planet is terrible. Even when items are in stock they can take weeks to ship.

As far as delivery, UPS is better here than FEDEX. I have had several times when FEDEX returns the package to the sender after 3 "failed deliveries" having never received a missed delivery notification or had anyone come to my door.

As far as delivery, UPS is better here than FEDEX. I have had several times when FEDEX returns the package to the sender after 3 "failed deliveries" having never received a missed delivery notification or had anyone come to my door.

Opposite in my experience, including when tracking numbers were new a package stayed in town for less than 4 hours with no delivery attempt at all when UPS returned to sender. Others included leaving packages without signature when "adult signature required" was paid as an additional UPS charge (because I didn't want a $700+ item left outside in the rain like it was.)

I suspect local offices vary considerably though I've had issues with UPS deliveries in four different states. It was so bad that I quite buying from people shipping UPS if there was any choice of source while living in one town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back