Fanny Pack in BLUE

PeacefulWarrior

A few years ago I had a Galco fanny pack in BLUE. The gun was held in place by a stitched neoprene holster and had a pocket for a spare mag. I sold the the gun I had it for and the pack. I went looking for a fanny pack recently and all I can find is BLACK (yuck) Apparently Galco does not make them in any other colors anymore. (besides plaid)
Does anybody know of a source for an older fanny pack in BLUE nylon or a similiar one ? My on-line search has been negative. I would need one for a Sig P229

Thanks

Sew on an innocuous patch...now you're in business

Hi PeacefulWarrior-

If you're really looking for stealth, take your blue fannypack and sew a "Nike" or "Spurs" or "Walt Disney World" patch right in the middle. Anything "innocuous" like this will help the pack to hide in plain sight.

I've occasionally hung a set of yellow walkman headphones around a Wilderness SafePacker to make it appear a bit more, ahh, pedestrian around the sheeple. I would love if they offered that pack in something other than black....

Regards,

~ Blue Jays ~

I have/use an Anderson Enterprises fanny pack in blue. The guys at the local gunshop were very impressed with it as it doesn't screem gun. The only gripe I have with it is the holster that came with it. I pack a G23 and the holster is a very thin, flimsy leather. My weapon droops just enough for the zipper to hang up when ripping the pack open. I have written to Anderson Enterprises a few times about this problem but haven't gotten any response back as to the problem. On a whole the pack is good but the customer service is lacking. www.andersonenterprises.com

In my oh so humble opinion, fanny packs say 'gun' to anyone wondering who might be carrying, regardless of the color of said fanny pack.

LEOs, gunnies, and quite a few criminals:

"Huh. I wonder if he's got a blue gun in that blue fanny pack?"

But that's just me.

Just adding upon what was said by Erik. It depends on where you live. Im in Hawaii and fanny packs are everywhere where casual dress is worn. I didn't buy a Blackhawk or Eagle pack because of their square blocky design that to me is something that stands out. I've never seen anyone but LEO's using square shaped packs here in Hawaii.

Thanks to the help of the forumites I believe that I found what I am loking for. I agree with thoose of you who think a fanny pack screams "Gun" . A fanny pack is not my preferred method of carry but sometimes it is easier if you are just heading out to the gym or walking the dog.

I might have to try adding a Peace symbol patch to the outside.

To most people who aren't knowledgeable about guns and "gun culture", fanny packs DO scream a three letter word that starts with "G"...

But it isn't "gun"...;)

I sewed lavender lace all around the edges of mine and put a nice fringed purple tassle on the little pull tab....I also added a little rainbow flag on the front along with a picture of J Edgar Hoover in in his favorite red dress and pumps...so far no one has made me for "packing"....well, at least not guns anyway....

Colored fanny packs make sense, if "tactical black" is a giveaway to people who know what to look for. I have a Bianchi "Top Secret" fanny pack in blue, and, in a different size, another in green. Green comes across as an earth-friendly color, so I use this pack on hiking trails. No one seems to pay any attention to it.

BTW, the ripcord on some pistol packs is another giveaway, IMHO. My Bianchi "Ranger" fanny pack has a ripcord, while the "Top Secret" does not. However, access to the pistol compartment of the "Top Secret" is relatively slow.

Check out the Bagmaster fanny pack series. I got a small blue one for my MK9. I think the smaller ones are better. Mine isn't really large enough to be recognized as a gun pack. Also, it has two zippers and both are storage areas for personal effects. The gun section is secured by Velcro and a snap, so there is no tell-tale oversized pull-tab to give its location away. I'd also suggest doing a search on ebay under "gun" and "fanny pack". You can get some nice ones at a good price.

I highly recommend contacting Bill Anderson at andersonenterprises.com. I have the phone # some where, but not handy right now. He does a great job at a reasonable price.

Just recieved my fanny pack from forum member Victor Louis and it was exactly what I was looking for. I can highly reccomend dealing with him. The transaction was fast and easy

Back