Fajen Stocks

RDF

Midway has them on sale. Thinking of converting my Rem 700ADL to BDL. Are they any good. The Timberline and the thumbhole sporter stocks.

[This message has been edited by RDF (edited November 03, 1999).]

I never had one, but I only heard good things about them, but, alas, they went bankrupt about a year ago. They may be reformed and reorganized by now, but get one if you want it b/c there likely won't be more.

RDF
I have used the Fajen stocks for many many years. Yes! they are good. Be advised, you must have some wood working experience. Many, other than drop in's, need a little fitting. To see one click on:

Fajen Stocks

you'll love the T-hole

HJN

[This message has been edited by Mykl (edited November 05, 1999).]

Fajen was bought out by the same peoplee who own Midway USA. Instead of marketing the Fajen stocks through other retailers, Midway USA refused to market their excellent products any other way than through their own mail order catalog. In short, Midway USA murdered Fajen.

The company was sold out lock, stock, and barrel last Januars. The Fajen and Bishop names were sold and all the machines and tooling were sold off piecemeal and scattered to the four winds. It was a sad and totally unnecessary end of a fine, fine company.,

Now, Midway USA is marketing some stocks under the Fajen name which appear to be the Fajen patterns. I don't know who is actually making them. I bought some absolutely beautiful stocks for my Ruger 10/22 from Midway.....they were the Silhouette thumbhole sporters made of laminated colored birch.

For me, buying a Fajen stock from Midway would be a bittersweet act.

Back