Fajen, McMillan, Ram Line

Big Duke 6

Inactive
I am looking for a stock for my Remington 700DBM rifle, but cannot seem to find one that fits. I friend has the same rifle in a .280 with a McMillan stock and it simply does not fit. The stock had to be modified to accept the DBM with a bit of elbow grease and some sandpaper. I was thinking of trying a Fajen or Ram Line stock. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Pat

BD6,

Umm.. What configuration was the barrel on your friend's rifle? I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with the "DBM" series. Could it have been a BDL DM? Remington lists a BDL DM that is their better grade bolt gun with a detachable magazine (DM). The differences in configuration caused by the detachable magazine variation in conjunction with several barrel contour options, e.g. varmint, may prove to require some extra careful ordering, or one may find themselves doing some minor fitting. This is true with any stockmaker, and especially true when dealing with mail-order retailers that only stock (pun) the item for sale.

Check out the Remington BDL DM by clicking on the following link:

Remington BDL DM

[This message has been edited by Mykl (edited November 11, 1999).]

If I wanted pretty, I'd go with Fajen wood. If I wanted durability for hunting and price is a major consideration, I'd go Ram line. If I wanted a target rifle or a precision shooting rifle, McMillan would be the only choice out of the three named stocks.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Back