Fair trade

WOODY1956

Inactive
I have a question for people that are more informed than me. My normal cc is a Bersa Thunder .380. I have a Taurus pt 24/7 .40 that just sits by my bed I rarely shoot it. I know a guy that wants to trade me his M&P Shield .40 for my 24/7. Is that a fare trade? Thanks in advance

In general, I'd prefer almost any S&W to almost any Taurus (which is why there are no Taurus guns in my safe).

He wants your Taurus? Ask for a little "boot". But make the trade and don't look back. I'm sure Taurus is good. My opinion is Smith & Wesson is better.

The M&P fit your hand? I'm not entire sure the Taurus is still made. I'm thinking it is not.
"...there are no Taurus guns in my safe..." No Smith semi-autos other than my M41 in mine. Still, Taurus has a poor customer service rep, up here.

The Smith fits my hand better than the Taurus. To be honest the Taurus is a little big for me, and the Taurus is too big for ccw imho.

I have a question for people that are more informed than me. My normal cc is a Bersa Thunder .380. I have a Taurus pt 24/7 .40 that just sits by my bed I rarely shoot it. I know a guy that wants to trade me his M&P Shield .40 for my 24/7. Is that a fare trade? Thanks in advance

Your Taurus for his Shield?

Do it in a heartbeat. No, it's not a fair trade.

That is a terrible trade. I'd be leery that someone wants to trade you a S&W for a Taurus.

What the hell is wrong with the Shield?

I'd say go to a range together, swap guns and shoot 'em..and if he still wants to trade and you like the M&P, go ahead, IMHO...is he a friend of yours?

We are partners at work, we are firefighters. We traded weapons for a week so we can both have time to try them, if we both are good with it he’ll give me a few $$ in the trade

USNRet suggests a range visit with some swapping...a great plan in my opinion...that said, I'd vote for the Shield over the Taurus based on customer service concerns alone. My #1 son carries a police trade in Shield everyday and does right well with it at our informal shoots here on the farm. It's a good CC choice.

Just saw your last post Woody...sounds like you' re happy with the range visit...here's a last minute thought: I've bought a cpl guns from guys at work and always made sure that BOTH of us were happy with the price...friendship being far more important than any $ amount. Rod

Last edited:
We are partners at work, we are firefighters. We traded weapons for a week so we can both have time to try them, if we both are good with it he’ll give me a few $$ in the trade
You traded weapons, giving him a very fair opportunity to check out your Taurus.... and he wants to trade you a .40 Shield for it .... and he's going to throw in some $$$???

Take it. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Just be sure you're both happy with the trade. You don't want working together to get awkward in your environment.

And welcome to TFL!

Back