Fair price to ask for Ruger M77?

I am thinking of selling my Ruger M77. I have had it for a couple of years and have still never fired it. It is the .30-06 version with the stainless barrel and wood stocks. I have a scope on it but it is just a cheap $50 one.

I want to find a price that does not cause me to get ripped off but still allows someone to get a good deal. Any help is appreciated. :)

Ruger30-06.jpg

I would say about $500 dollars. The stock is beautiful but that doesn't really add or detract from the price. I have one that has a synthetic stock and the price for it is about the same as one with a wooden stock.

You're essentially selling the rifle, with a free scope. (If you're including it.) Burris scopes don't have much of any value in resale.

$500 is probably fair.

I'd say $500 is a touch on the low side, maybe a little too good on the bargain side... not terrible, but I'd have to pry my fingers off just a little to hand it over at that price. I'd say $550 (maybe $575) is where I'd want to be, that's at least $75-80 less than a really low price on a new one, for a gun that's never been fired. I'd be OK with that as a buyer or seller.

Back