Fair price for hi-cap mags for Sig P228

ivan9mm

Inactive
Anyone know the going price for factory 13 round hi-cap mags for P228?

Dealer in my area is willing to sell me 2 new factory hi-caps for $130.

Can I find it cheaper at gun show?

The last 228 mags I sold went for $80 a piece , they were factory new in the wrap . The guy was tickled to get them . They are worth what ever you can get for them , personally the 10 rounders suit me fine . Good luck , Mike...

$130 for the pair is a very good price. I've never seen new one for under $70 since the ban was made and usually when I do see new ones, they are in the $80 range.

I mail-ordered some new P228 mags about six months ago for $79 each. Anything much less than this would be a deal I'd go for.

Great price. If you're in California I wouldn't think twice about getting them as soon you won't be able to buy and sell preban hicaps.

How does one get 10 rounds into a postban magazine? I can barely force in 8.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Tecolote--amen about getting 10 rounds into a postban P228 mags! When I first tried these mags I was at the range, and I remember grumbling and fussing on the firing line trying to load them. It cost some sore fingers to finally get the last round in. The good news is that, at least for the mags I have, loading them seems to get easier the more they're used.

Back