Fair Price For A 1967 S&w M-18

MR.G

Does anyone know what a fair price would be for a 1967 S&W model 18 six shot, 4", .22 revolver ? It is in about 90% condition,
has target trigger, hammer, sights, and target S&W wood grips.
thanks,
MR.G

Greeting's Mr.G and Welcome to TFL-

With what you have described, I'd say $250.00 is absolutely the max!!! I've seen the model 18's in pristine condition ranging from
$300-$400; depending of course, on who had it. These models
were good, solid firearms and a compliment to the K-22 Masterpiece. It's a shame it was discontinued.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

MR.G,
The same gun would sell in NE Ohio for $50 to $100 more. One thing about prices is that they fluctuate wildly depending on where you live.

I bought mine about three years ago in MN.
I'd say it's 95-97%+, and the asking was $350, I paid $325.

I don't at all feel like I was ripped off.

First, the M18 an excellent gun.
Second, there weren't a whole ton of them made, surely not as many 18's as 10's, 15's, or 19's.
Three, they are getting older, and the ones that are for sale aren't as nice as they used to be.

I love this gun! I'd consider anything under $300 to be a good deal if the gun is in nice shape.

Someday, I'd like to find one that's a little more worn, convert it to roundbutt, and reblue.

-Kframe

One thing that sometimes is not given enough weight IS the % of blue left. The Blue Book lists a very low figure which $230 for a 90% gun.
GOOD LUCK with that number....Anyway, what I was getting at is the difference in a 90 and 95% gun.
The 'book' says $50 but to me it's more like 75 to
$100---but that's me ! And then again these %s
are all subjective. Most older collectors will
rate a notch lower. This is just food for thought
but a true 90% gun would hover around 250, IMHO.

WHIF, be very careful with words like 'minty',
'mint', 'as new', L(ike)NIB. It's either 95,98
or 99%. If it says 99 it BETTER only have a VERY
light cylinder ring and no other marks at all.
To some folks NIB can only exist if the gun has never been sold retail...dewey

Don't forget to add a little for the target trigger n hammer. Book says nuther thirty bucks. They all have adjustable sights so no add on there.

Sam

I have a model 18-2 S&W with the target trigger and hammer, blued. This is an excellent gun and it is extremely accurate. One of the best guns I own. $300-$350 sounds about right. You won't regret it.;)

I'll open with a pair...

acfcc7c.jpg

sw-48.jpg

Model 18 and model 48, both recent purchases, both in the low $300. If you want it, you gotta pay for it...

9X19;
Those are beautiful ! Did you buy them to shoot, or are they strictly collectables ? The one that I acquired is also in great condition, for a 35 year old gun. I got it to shoot, but I hate to get it dirty. It is very similar to my m-66 defense gun, but a lot cheaper to practice with.
Thanks to everybody for their information.
MR.G

very nice 9X19,

truly a time gone by:(. They don't make 'em like they use to, do they? If those are shooter's, I'd
be enjoying them every week-end.:)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

They are most certainly shooters and pleasantly accurate to boot.

I'm too much of a heathen to own "strictly collectables", and take a rather sinster joy in responding to those "never been fired" ads with: "So, you're telling me you don't know if it'll even work?!" :D

Gee, you guys are making me feel guilty. I only paid $225 for my Combat Masterpiece .22. Admitted, was about 85%, but also a five screw. And yes, it is a shooter.

I'm afraid the $300 figure is right in the ball park. I have used mine a lot since getting it in 1982, and it is definitely not for sale. Probably the last gun I would ever sell, as a matter of fact.

Wouldn't mind finding one for my son, but they are not common and the price keeps inching up.

dinosaur,
Sorry. No leads right now. I can keep an eye out at local shows and dealers though. I've been looking for a couple years myself, but haven't found the right price/condition on both a 17 and an 18. Pro Gun in Cuyahoga Falls had one, but the asking price was $495.00 :( for as NIB, complete with original box. That IMNSHO, was totally out of line so I passed. Someone else didn't.

Thanks RAE.

I wouldn`t mind finding one for $300 or so. A guy at the Allentown gun show had a pre 1956? for $495. All his stuff were collectibles so they were pricey and too nice to shoot. I never saw one before but it was sweet.

I picked up mine for $185, but it is about 85% finish. I have seen 95% + ones at the gunshows around here lately for $225 - $275.

A wonderful revolver, one of my absolute favorites. You just cannot go wrong with one!:D

Back