Failure to extract problem with my Mini 14

GeorgeCA

Inactive
Hello,
I have a Std blued mini 14 s/n 186-xxxxx.
it fails to extract the fired casing but the bolt still travels rearward and then try's to chamber the new round causing a jam. It does this every other round or sometimes once every twenty rounds, the extractor looks fine, its not broken or chipped, I have cleaned the rifle completely, taken it back out to the range with the same result. I have also used many different brands of ammo with again the same result. It has done this since new, and I have put about 500rds thru it so far.
Please help
George

George,
thanks for your reply,Not really, they dont look any diffrent then the shells that worked properly.To clear the malfunction, I lock the bolt to the rear, remove the magazine,then I release the bolt,allowing it to go home, then i pull the charging lever back extracting the spent case.
thanks for your help
George

GeorgeCA - Out of curiosity, is your extractor tensioning pin (not sure if that is the correct term) in place and not broken? This is a small pin tensioning the extractor at an angle positioned at about 2 o'clock on the bolt. It will have roughly 1/16th inch exposed.

Back