"factory" mags for my HP

VIEJO

Got my 13 rd. Hi-Power mags from GunParts. HA!!!
They are typical unidentified gun show crap. I e-mailed their customer service trying to establish pedigree on these mutts and was told, and I quote "we don't know who manufactured these magazines". What a crock!
They are going back on Monday.

"Viejo" means OLD, it sure as hell don't mean SMART.

[Edited by VIEJO on 03-24-2001 at 01:35 AM]

Sure they're factory mags - I'm positive they came from a factory somewhere ;)

Thanks for sharing the information with us, Viejo. It may be a pain for you but the rest of us appreciate the warning.

Arg!

I was about to order some as well. Well...sorry 'bout your luck, Viejo. But thanks for walking point for us.

Mike

I am so glad I stocked up! :)

BTW, whatever happened to all of the Browning HP
factory mags from recent years? I hardly *ever*
see them advertised for sale. I see mec-gars,
South African, mil surplus, aftermarket, etc for
sale. Where did all of the commercial factory mags
from the 80s and early 90s go?

View

mags, cont'd

I'm not sure where they went but all the thieves are selling junk as MecGars or Brownings. A couple of guys over on the Hi-Power forum got ripped off just like I did. One guy found a website offering "MecGars" for $12.00! Needless to say, he got the same crap I got only I thought that by paying 30 bucks apiece I was getting the real mccoy.
If any of you guys want real MecGar 13s, novaksights.com has quite a few left at 3/$105.00 + S&H.
Good shooting.

Viejo

Gee whiz guys, check out CDNN for thier HP magazines. I bought 3 South Africa/Argentine 17 rounders from them last month, fit and function is very good(I was a little sceptical about the stamped sheet steel follower but they seem to work, so...) and at 19.99 each I could afford to buy more than one :)
They also list "factory original" 13 round mags at 39.99 not to mention a host of other items that you may find interesting.

http://cdnninvestments.com/

Don in Ohio

I ordered one of the SA Browning mags and found it to be a piece of junk! Sent it back and got some of the Canadian 13 rounders, the ones with the silver plastic follower. They work and fit great!

Also managed to pick up a Pachmyer silver-colored 13 rounder for $15 from my local store. I will pay almost any reasonable price for more of these, they are even better than the Canadian mags.

Frosty
MOLON LABE

auction sites have mags

gunbroker and auctionarms have various hipower mags listed,
including some of the mecgar 20 rd hipower mags.

Back