Factory .308 Lite Loads

I have a new shooter that is doing some work with my Steyr Scout. Does anyone know of a specifically designed light *factory* load in this caliber?

I'm not talking lighter bullet, necessarily, but a *significantly* lighter recoil.
Rich

Rich, Winchester used to have a 110gr load that should be lower in recoil. don't know if it is still in production or not.

Next would be Lapua sub sonic -- but not cheap. If I were in this situation, I would load a reduced load for the .308.

Speer manual #12, page 274 has the following load: 150 gr bullet, over 21 to 25 grains of SR 4759 gives a MV of 1632 to 1925. If there is ever a left hand SS, I'll probably use a load like this myself for practice.

I used this type of reduced load, with SR 4759, when teaching grandsons to shoot my 9.3X74 double rifle. GLV

George-
Thanks much for the input and recomendations. No joy on the Winchester. In fact, no help over at Hornady, Federal, CorBon, Georgia Arms or Remington.

Regarding reloading...I still have my press and gear, lots of cases and dies. But I haven't reloaded in *years*. As someone well acquainted with the art, you know better than me that you don't just sit down once a decade and "load a batch". Either you're into it or you're toast!

See my post in the "Buy Sell Forums".
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited February 27, 1999).]

Back