F Class Open

brotus2

I shot my first F Class 1000 yard match with my 1952 Model 70 in 270. I loved it!

I am seriously thinking of buying a Savage Long Rand Hunter with 26" barrel in 260 Remington.

Is this a good choice for F Class. Anything less expensive but just as good? I need your advise.

Kraigwy?

sure

The Savage family of rifles is a great off the rack starter for F or F-T/R. I am not familiar w/ all models, seems like there are some F class specific ones. The 6mm and 6.5 (.260) cals are very popular for good reason.

I am not the oracle that Kraig is, we should hear from others soon.

A good rifle is just the start, optics and the loading of quality, consistent ammo is as much of F or F-T/R as anything.

The Savages are really gaining popularity here. As Remingtons keep getting junkier, and Savages keep improving. They have a new benchrest repeater out I believe. Our local benchrest gunsmith has about went to Savage builds completely.

Bob

I been building on both action target and varmit, Recently took target action and krieger barrel chambered in 30BR 1/17 twist will shoot under 1/4 moa 200 yards , I have a shillen on a varmit action in 6mm br 1/4 moa .

Back