Eye Protection

CZ Gunner

As long as we're on the topic of hearing protection (separate thread), what sort of eye protection to you all use?

Regular Glasses,
Shooting Glasses,
Custom Frames/Lenses,
Something Else,
None?!?!?

Comments or preferences please.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks!

If I'm indoors or if it's dark out, I wear the generic yellow tinted shooting glasses I got at Academy. Think they were $5.

If it's bright I'll wear my Ray-Bans.

Bullseye shooting outdoors, and all indoor shooting: prescription glasses with safety lenses.

Holster sports and hunting: Serengetis or Oakleys.

Having once received a .308 ricochet in the forehead, I am a firm believer in WHEN, as opposed to IF.

'coach

prescription safetys with side sheilds for range use , w/o side shields for outdoors , Keep extra plain safety glasses for people who forget .nice thing about my safety glasses I can deduct the cost of them because of my job . and there stylish also

Wiley X's with the clear lens for inside and smoked for outside. They were a little pricy, but worth every penny.

Not the best answer

I wear my normal perscription glasses, but I wear a ballcap pulled down tight to keep something from comming in the top.

Shooting glasses for me.
I wouldn't use sunglasses unless they were tempered glass or high impact plastic. I don't need the pieces from spalling in my eye.
The advertising material for glasses usually tell you the material properties of the glasses.

I just use my perscription glasses now. I used to use shooting glasses and just delt with being half blind until one day in my backyard I took a ricochet from a 22 in my perscription glasses and lived without a scratch. I figure they are just as good. I payed more for the safety glass and they sure do work. Though for $300 they should give me night vision aswell.

Uusally an old pair of sub-zeros, but I like the new Wiley's too.

.308 to the head? What a great story to tell the kids. Takes more than a rifle bullet to the head to slow down the old man.

Prescription glasses with a baseball hat really works. I thought the hat was a bit much until the brass started dropping.

Same as Kermit.

My regular glasses are polycarbonate with a special anti-glare coating called Crizel that is just tough as nails.

My eye doctor is also a shooter, so he knows what I'm talking about when I tell him I'm having trouble seeing the sights.

Safety glasses. Uvex, AOSafety, etc. I used to work for an industrial supply cataloger, so I have plenty of different types with different lenses. I also wear them while mowing the lawn or using the weed wacker. I only have two eyes, and I'd like to keep both of them.

Prescription glasses with one eye taped over for bullseye and general plinking around. UVEX Genesis glasses for IDPA, training, and such. They're cheap and comfortable.

- Chris

Baseball cap and Daisy wraparounds. Work well, have stopped a few splatters and are cheap enough I can afford to keep several pairs in my range bag in case of accident, loss, etc.

Back