Eye Protection & Sunglasses

I use the same glasses (over contacts) for shooting and motorcycle riding. They are made by UVEX, a maker of safety glasses, and the ones I like best are the Bandits, Banditos and the new Genesis (looks like Oakleys without the price tag). They have interchangable lenses in a variety of shades from clear to dark brown and mirrored. They look awesome.

Check 'em out at www.uvex.com and look around at shops that carry industrial and welding supplies.

Mikey

Oakley M frames are the shiznit. I wear them everywhere, hunting, shooting, driving. They are so light I often forget Im wearing them.

SKD1140.GIF

If it's shooting glasses you need, the Bolle SES series is hard to beat. It comes standard with 4 interchangeable lens sets and is extremely light.

SKD1110.GIF

As for the desert, if you want to keep sand out in high winds, you'll need to look at goggles. We stock Bolle SES and tactical goggles- all orders ship by the next business day.

Thanks,
Joe

------------------
SKD Tactical Accessories
www.skdtac.com
Your source for hard-core, no-bs gear.

[This message has been edited by skdtac (edited September 07, 2000).]

For you Oakley wears/users:

Which lens colors do you wear any why? For instance, under what conditions would you say, wear a vermillion colored lens, or does it really make a difference? Thanks.

JLM

[This message has been edited by Justin Moore (edited September 08, 2000).]

Justin,

I wear Wiley X shooting glasses-don't know
the model, but they are wraparounds. They
seem good optically, but they do fog up
on me. Don't care for that.
Just recently bought a third pair,(different
brand), with vermillion lenses. For me, they
took some getting used to. They are really
"contrasty" and the way they affect natural
colors is disconcerting. I bought them for
days when dark lenses are too dark and
yellow lenses are too light..After using
at an IDPA match and a dove shoot, I'm still
not certain I like them....For what it's
worth.

If you wear prescription lenses, Lenscrafters carries Bolle sunglasses with prescription inserts. I use mine all the time; they're light, comfortable and the wrap-around style works great on my Honda Gold Wing.

I usually wear my Oakley M-Frames everywhere too. Driving, bikin', shootin', etc. I also own a pair of Wiley-X's, but don't use them much. They tend to fog up like someone suggested. :(

------------------
God, Guns and Guts made this country a great country!

oberkommando sez:
"We lost the first and third and now they are after the Second!(no pun intended)"

If you're just looking for normal sunglasses, let me add my .02 Both the Suncloud "rose" lens, or the Serengeti line, are great glasses. Yes, as was mentioned, the rose lens does take a bit of getting used to, but they have the advantage of cutting glare TREMENDOUSLY. Both types mentioned also cut out UV frequencies. And, if you're NOT a huge fan of the 'bug-eyed' Gargoyle/Oakley type lenses, well.... :) No offense to anyone that IS...I just dont care for them in general...

------------------
Mike
mnealtx@yahoo.com

I bought some cheapie wraparounds from Wally World (Walmart) for about $10. Gonna break 'em sooner or later so why spend big bucks?

Unfortunately, last time I went they didn't have them anymore. :(

Thanks all for the good imput, ended up ordering a pair of Bolle SES from SKDTAC.

SKDTAC has excellent prices and customer service, without a doubt I'll be doing business with them again!!

I was gonna buy a pair of Gargoyle Classic 85's, but when I put them on I noticed a bunch of distortion when turning my head from side to side. I put them back. I usually just wear Uvex safety glasses. They are light, comfortable, and cheap. For everyday wear and driving I wear Serengeti Drivers Classic Aviators. I used them last time I qualified for the DOC and had no problems except for a little flash from the guy's revolver next to me.

Back