Eye Pro--What Color Lens?

HKguy9

Of all the different color lenses for the wraparound shooting glasses, which lends itself best to shooting?

Are the amber ones also good for driving at night? How about something like hiking, when I don't want crap (dust, etc.) in my eyes, or should I just wear my normal glasses and get a bottle of eyedrops and deal with it?

The best is clear.
You will do better with your pupils constricted by the maximum light; it gives you better depth of field, just like a camera. If you are bothered by glare, use the lightest tint that will cut it down to bearable levels.

Amber lenses can improve contrast and *apparently* brighten things up, but the actual light to your eye is reduced. I for sure would not wear them at night.

I wear Rx shooting glasses with a VERY light yellow tint, lighter than anything I have seen over the counter. And a cap, even indoors, to reduce glare.

Actually, you see better when your pupils are dialated. They gather more light that way.

I like an amber colored lens when it's overcast and a grey lens when it's sunny.

Your pupils dilate or constrict depending on the amount of ambient light. If they are dilated because it is dim, they are doing their best to gather more light for you. If they are dilated because you are wearing tinted glasses they are just *trying* to gather more light. You lose sharpness and depth of field.

i agree with jim

dialated pupils do gather more light but you do lose sharpness and focus...more light is only better in the dark

dark tints are really good for saving your night vision if you are out during the light of day

Back