extractors,,,

fubsy

What are the pro's and con's of the different style extractors for precision rifle shooting,,,Is there a preference between the mdl700 or mauser style, or is it just personal choice......fubsy.

There has been a lot of discussion on the different types of extractors. The Mauser type controls feeding better and reduces the chances of leaving an unfired cartridge in the chamber where it could be set off by the bullet point of the next round. The Remington type allows a solid breech system and makes a burst case head nearly impossible. But I have never heard of the extractor type having any effect on accuracy. Anyone else know about this one?

Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are the pro's and con's of the different style extractors for precision rifle shooting,,,Is there a preference between the mdl700 or mauser style, or is it just personal choice......fubsy.

Jim Keenan
Senior Member posted April 24, 1999 08:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There has been a lot of discussion on the different types of extractors. The Mauser type controls feeding better and reduces the chances of leaving an unfired cartridge in the chamber where it could be set off by the bullet point of the next round. The Remington type allows a solid breech system and makes a burst case head nearly impossible. But I have never heard of the extractor type having any effect on accuracy. Anyone else know about this one?<<<
That wasnt an intended question, and after reading my post I should have been more clear....Ill try again......lol....I dont believe the extractor has anything to do with accuracy....but you did answer the question...tks fubsy.

Anyone have any comments on the pros/cons of the Blaser R93 feeding system? That doesn't even have an extracter per se, but uses a collet type bolt head to control the case.

Back