external hammer coach gun

xwray

Inactive
Are there any shotgunners here that know the basic sequence of steps to remove a stock from a SxS external hammer shotgun. This is a CZ but I didn't want to limit the question to a specific make/model...just looking for someone who has something similar, has removed the stock, and could relate how it was done...I can extrapolate from there.

There should be a bolt in the stock that you access by removing the recoil pad. If there is, it most likely is metric sized

Thanks...I had surmised that there may be a stock bolt and I was more concerned about having to remove the trigger plate or not, the side plates or not, and the bolt under the top lever or not and the order in which the steps should be done.

If there are through pins inside the receiver then yes you would need to remove them. I am not totally familiar with this model. On some Spanish guns that are true sidelocks, there are no stock bolts.

Can you find an exploded view and make sure?

An exploded diagram is the *only* thing of any value at all in the user manual that came with the gun but it tells me nothing about the proper sequence of disassembly steps. From my experience with other firearms, electromechanical equipment, appliances, autos, etc. I know that some things absolutely require a certain sequence be followed to get it apart or back together without buggering something up. I also know enough to get the proper info and tools if I don't already have them before I start to work on an expensive item but so far the info on this one is eluding me...it is a CZ Hammer Coach gun which was built by the Turkish manufacturer Huglu...yeah, I know, but they seem to be the only source for new coach guns other than the Russian and Chinese varieties which do not appeal to me. In my case the fit, finish, and functionality are fine, quite good in fact so, so why do I want to get into it? That would be because at some point I will want to get into its innards for cleaning and lubing and I do not want to wait until that time to try to find the info to do so.

Back