Extended chokes?

valkabit6

I'm not really familiar with the shotgun world, but I did buy a Browning A5 because it felt spectacular when I held it. What would be a good choice for a extended choke for the A5?

Depending on which model you bought - it probably came with an IC, MOD and Full......../ you can shoot those...or I would just buy the Browning brand of extended chokes and start with an IC and MOD...( I like Browning Midas grade ).

Every sporting clays course is different ...but I probably shoot IC and MOD 90% of the time. ( but I carry a Cyl, Skeet, IC, MOD, Imp MOD and a Full ) in my vest.

If you have an IC and a Mod already, as Jim says, that's all you need. Extended chokes are nice to protect the muzzle or to see easily which choke is currently in the muzzle, but don't worry too much about changing chokes a lot. Learn to read the target line and rule one is to always use enough choke. A Mod can easily hit a 10 yard rabbit better than a skeet choke can hit a 45 yard crosser.

I would look at Trulock chokes if you want an extended choke , good people . If you don't like the choke send it back for a refund or exchange .

Back