Express sights

STEVE M

Has anyone tried these on their SG? My uses are: HD, some light bird hunting and just general practice with the clay birds.

One of my shooting associates filed the rear sight blade of his "rifle-sighted" Remington 870 barrel into a shallow-V "express" configuration several years ago. He shoots it well.

I prefer ghost-ring sights on a "social" shotgun, but must admit that they are not much better than a good set of "express" style open sights.

A couple other friends of mine have fitted their shotguns with a square front post and square-notch open rear sight. Their resulting sight picture mimics the sight picture they are accustomed to on their pistols.

Rosco

Thanks, Rosco. I think I will end up with them. I thought it might be a better set up (expecially with the big dot front) for a multi-purpose gun. I know that a good gost ring would be best for HD , but I worry about it for wing and clay shooting. I can't afford but the one shotgun, all my spare change goes for ammo!

Another option, Steve....

First, while I like a peep for HD and deer hunting, it's not an absolute necessity,and I find it a handicap I don't need for wingshooting.

You may want to use the old Skeet shooter's trick and install a mid bead on your bbl.This costs only a few bucks and serves well as a read sight for fast shooting. The proper sight picture has the beads looking like a figure 8, and it's durable and fast.

This should serve you well until your cash flow improves and you can get a dedicated HD shotgun,which I personally recommend.

However, a reliable pump gun is a weapon of awesome capabilities in trained hands, so go for the expertise first and buy that ammo!!(G)...

Back