Explain picture

I'm lost on the top groups, the bullet hole diameter is bigger than the ring width.
The five-shot group in the bottom pic is easy, it's scored as a 49 with 1-X.
If the "9" hole had been touching the "10" ring it would have been a 50 w/1-X.
Hope that helps, and maybe another TFL Member will have the answer to the three groups in the top photo. :)

------------------
We ARE the Militia!

I don't have a clue how to score the top pictures. If I could shoot like that consistantly though, I really wouldn't care how anyone scored it. Nice shooting. Really nice shooting!

Thats a VERY good question.
I have read here that competitions subtract the from the group size the diameter of the caliber of the rounds fired. This helps in the group size - but your looking at something different here. First you got to determin exactly where all your hits landed. When you cut out one ragged hole - thats harder.

In reality, there is little point in scoring the upper 3 targets. It appears they used 50 ft. small bore targets only as sighting aids to get the group sizes. You would normally only shoot 1 or 2 shots at each target.

If you do want to score them, the inner ring is 10 going to 5 in the outermost ring. Any shot outside the 5 ring gets no points. There is no X in that particular target. So, the upper left gets a score of 38; upper right = 39; lower = 45. These are, obviously, approximate since it is impossible to be sure where the actual holes hit the rings without seeing the real targets and using a scoring device.

Back